Happy November!! I can’t believe it’s November already, this year is going so fast!
Anyway, as (I imagine?) most people know, November is also the month of Movember, where men (and some lucky women!) grow moustaches for a month to raise money and awareness for men’s health, prostate and testicular cancers (with funds going to Prostate Cancer UK and The Institute of Cancer Research). I love the fact that Movember have their own moustachio-ed Pinterest – haha!
As it’s Movember, I thought it’d be nice to do a little roundup of some moustachey products that you can raise awareness with if you’re unfortunate enough to be unable to grow your own mo!
- Create your own Movember cap from lucky Seven caps, with half of the price going to Movember – I don’t even wear caps and I’m tempted, I love the DIY aspect!!
- TOMS have special Movember shoes. I like these ones
- Here’s a ridiculous amount of t-shirts from Zazzle (you’ll have to make a donation yourself though, as there isn’t one included with any of these)
- Urban Outfitters has free delivery on all moustache-themed items
- Loads of moustaches at River Island (I love this hair slide)
As fun as it is to watch your boyfriends, brothers, fathers & friends battle it out for who can grow the best moustache, Movember does have a serious message behind it. Here are some facts:
- 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in the UK – one man is diagnosed every 15 minutes
- A man will die from prostate cancer every hour – more than 10,000 men will die of the disease this year in the UK
- Occurrences of prostate cancer in men are comparable to the rates of breast cancer in women
- Testicular cancer in the UK affects younger men between the ages of 20 and 50.
You can support Movember just by donating too! My gorgeous other half is sporting a moustache for Movember, and you can donate on his page (and see progress updates!!) here.